2017 Nigeria Air Force Recruitment
PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
Online Registration starts on 14th January 2017 and closes on 17th February 2017.
1. Nationality: Applicant must be of Nigerian origin.
2. Age: Applicants must be between the ages of 17 and 22 years for non-tradesmen/women, 17 and 24 years for tradesmen/women by 31 December 2017. Those applying as drivers must be between the ages of 18 and 28 years by 31 December 2017.
3. Marital Status: All applicants must be single.
4. Height: Minimum height is 1.66 meters or 5.4ft for males and 1.63m or 5.3ft for females.
5. Medical Fitness: All applicants must be medically fit and meet the Nigerian Air Force medical and employment standards.
6. Non-Tradesmen/women: Applicants must possess a minimum of 3 credits including Mathematics and English Language in SSCE/NECO/GCE/NABTEB. In addition, applicants are also required to possess their school’s testimonials.
a. Applicants must possess ND (with minimum of Lower Credit), NABTEB, RN/RM/NCE or City & Guild Certificate.
b. Candidates with only Trade Test Certificate (including Drivers) are required to also have a minimum of 3 passes in GCE/SSCE/NECO including English Language.
Note that applicants with HND or First Degrees/Post-Graduate Certificates, University Diplomas and Grade II Teacher’s certificates will not be considered for recruitment as airmen/airwomen into the Nigerian Air Force and should not apply.
8. Attestation Forms: Applicant’s attestation form must be signed by a military officer from the same state as the applicant and not below the rank of Squadron Leader or equivalent in the Nigerian Army and the Nigerian Navy, and Police Officer of the rank of Assistant CP and above. Local Governments Chairmen/Secretaries, magistrates and principals of government Secondary Schools from applicants’ state of origin can also sign the attestation forms. The signees passport photograph and either photocopy of drivers licence or international passport must be attached. In addition, applicants are to bring with them Local Government Indigene Certificate to the Zonal Recruitment Centers and final selection interview.
9. Requirements: Applicants are advised to carefully read the requirements below before filling the form:
a. Medical Records: ND Medical Records.
b. Nursing: RN-RM.
c. Lab Technician: ND Medical Lab Science.
d. X-Ray Technicians: ND X-ray Technology.
e. Dental Technician: ND Dental Technology/ Dental Therapy.
f. Pharmacy Technician: ND Pharmacy Technology.
g. Environmental Technician: ND Environmental Technology.
h. Biomed Technician: ND Biomed Technology.
i. Optometry Technician: ND Optometry Technology.
j. Statistics: ND Stats.
k. Assistant Chaplain: ND Christian Religious Study.
l. Assistant Imam: ND Arabic/Islamic Studies.
m. Engineering Technicians: ND Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Electronics Engineering /Air Engineering Technology.
n. Meteorologist: WMO Class III Meteorology Assistant Certificate, Certificate in ATCA/Base Operator, and Fire.
o. Domestic Electricians: ND Electrical Electronics, ND/Trade Test Certificate 1,2,3 Domestic Electrician, Works.
p. Building Technology: ND Building Technology/Quantity Surveyor/ Land Surveying/ Civil Engineering.
q. Public Relations/Info: ND Mass Communication/Trade Test Certificate in Videography/Photography.
r. Secretarial Assistants: ND Office Technology Management.
s. Library Assistants: ND/NCE Library Science.
t. Music: ND Music. In addition, playing experience in any recognised Band will be an advantage.
u. Driver/Mechanic: Trade Test and current driver’s license with practical experience.
v. Works: Trade Test Cert in Welding/Carpentry/Pain